This notice should be read in conjunction with our website T&C’s and we will naturally update this notice from time to time. You are therefore encouraged to review the notice whenever you visit our website and/or before providing us with personal data, to ensure you have access to the most up to date information at that time.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the Data Controller in respect of any personal data controlled by the business is:
Queens Hotel Limited
324 Seven Sisters Road
(+44) 208 880 2000
What is personal data and what information do we collect?
For the purposes of this policy, personal data is effectively information about individuals which, alone, or in conjunction with other information held by us, is capable of identifying them.
We will only collect personally identifiable information like your name, email, mailing address or telephone number ("Personal Information") in a manner consistent with this policy.
How do we collect personal data?
We will obtain personal data from you when contact is made by telephone, email or via our website or any other form of communication. This includes personal data you provide to us when:
• Contacting us to make a reservation
• Contacting us in the unlikely event of a complaint
• Contacting us with a question or enquiry
• Any other purpose related to the provision of services we offer you, your business or third party
• IP Address; We may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection. We may also collect information about your device’s operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We can use any personal data we obtain for a number of purposes, as set out below. However, we will not purposefully retain personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was intended.
How we use Personal Data?
• To provide you details relating to your reservation. In the event of a change that affects your booking or any data or personal information you have provided us with.
• To provide you, your organisation and/or our clients with information or services and to improve and tailor the way we provide services.
We will keep such data until such time as you tell us to remove your data from our records for these purposes or until we have reason to believe that you may no longer have any interest or need for this information or our services.
• To perform a contract and/or service about whom we hold data for as long as is necessary to complete the contract and/or service and then; for as long as is required for legal & compliance purposes.
• To protect & pursue Queens Hotel Limited legitimate interests, those of our clients, or others as appropriate after taking into account the legitimate interests of the person on whom data is held.
• To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
• To promote the services we provide & obtain new business until such time as we receive a request to remove data for these purposes or until such time as we deem there is no ongoing interest or merit in doing so.
• To facilitate payment and reconciliation of invoices for accounting purposes.
• To request feedback on our services
• To improve our websites, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
• To send you occasional promotional material, such as information about special offers
• To deal with suppliers; we will collect details such as your employee names, telephone numbers and email addresses in order to contact suppliers about goods or services ordered, to place further orders and to pay for the goods and/or services supplied
Rights relating to personal data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
You have various rights relating to the personal data we process including:
• To prevent us using data for direct marketing purposes
• To have inaccurate data corrected and/or deleted
• To be informed & access a copy of the information held
• To object to automated decision making and profiling processes
• To transfer personal data
Failure to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, please contact us at email@example.com
We provide you with the ability to control, whether or not to receive email marketing from us. Would you wish to unsubscribe from the promotional emails sent to you, please email us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively you may manage your subscription under your Queens Hotel Limited account.
If you wish to opt-out with respect to more than one email address, you must complete a separate request for each email address.
Please note it is not possible to 'opt-out' of receiving communication from us which relate to your bookings. This ensures we can always contact you in the event of a circumstance that affects your stay with us.
Non-disclosure to third parties
The information and data we collect is important for Queens Hotel and we would not want to share this anyone else. Unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes.
We may disclose your information to third parties for our following legitimate interests as follows:
• To staff members in order to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you
• To our affiliated entities to support internal administration
• IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf
• To professional advisers including consultants, lawyers, bankers and insurers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
• HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
• To the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy notice/policy of every website you visit.
Monitoring & Recording
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone communications and emails) for the purpose of training, fraud prevention and compliance. We also have CCTV cameras installed in our premises for the purpose of crime prevention and for health and safety reasons.
Security of your information
If you wish to view, delete or amend any of the information we hold on you, this can be done by contacting us in writing at the address provided above. whilst we will not generally charge for providing information, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of information in exceptional circumstances, as appropriate.
You can usually change your browser's settings so that it will not accept cookies, although this may restrict some website functionality. You may also manage the cookies on your browser using the security or privacy settings. Usually the browser help function will provide you with instructions on how to manage your settings. Removing cookies is something that can be done at any time but unless permanently disallowed they will be re-applied next time you visit the websites.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that you will need to manage each browser on each device that you access the internet with separately.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
Last updated: 25 May 2018